Look, look, a vacation! I haven’t actually had one of these in so long… Here are my plans:
- Finish Metal Gear Solid so I can play Metal Gear Solid 2. I’m currently about 1/4 through.
- Finish Rogue Leader, which I’m currently about 4/5 through.
- Finish Luigi’s Mansion, which I haven’t started, but which I’ve been told is short, easy, and fun.
- On the train ride home, play lots of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on my Game Boy. I meant to play it on the ride down, too, but I kind of got distracted by writing thousands upon thousands of words.
Of course, since I’m so awesome, let’s check what I’ve forgotten:
- My extra cube controller, so now I’ve got to make a trip by the crazy store on Friday so I can play my brother some two-player wave race. Of course, I was planning to buy some extra controllers anyway once Smash Brothers comes out, but I don’t like having the issue forced.
- My mom’s green afghan, which she had my brother remind me to bring via IM about 3 minutes before I left, so I’m just a moron.
I spent the first half of spring break in Berkeley, so that I’d have a few days to decompress and do nothing at all before heading down to Bakersfield for the second half of my break. Without further ado, here’s the agenda as I know it:
- Ride a train for six hours to get to Bakersfield. During this time, I’ll play with my game boy, use my laptop, or read Science of Discworld.
- After getting to my parents house, I might watch Ed for the first time in what seems like a month, or I might try to upgrade my mom’s iMac to OS 9.1.
- On Thursday I turn 21. I don’t have plans. I’ll go to dinner somewhere, though I told my brother to decide where, since he’s the picky one.
- I’ll probalby spend Friday and Saturday nights in Bakersfield hanging out with my friends. Movies or something. Nothing exciting.
- I’ll do various other things while I’m down there — shop, etc. I could use some new socks and underware (since I find this brain fart so incredibly funny, I’m going to leave it. Yes, I meant underwear, but considering how often I type “software,” it’s a reasonably understandable mistake), I think. Not that you needed to know that. Forgive me, it’s late, and I’m just writing things as they occur to me.
- And then on Sunday afternoon I’ll board the train again and return to Berkeley.
And that’s it! I’ll probably write several posts while on the train and post them tomorrow, but that means the rest of the weekend will be a little post free.